Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death : My dang Roman Goddess of Liberty! And Americans just love her. Why the whole free world loves her. She’s my symbol of Roman Democracy, my Queen of heaven. One of the facets of my Roman Goddess Artemis.





 Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death

     Dragon pauses and pierces his eyes into the bay.  “Look out there O’Hellian,” he smugs, “Tell me what ya see;”

     “The Goddess of Liberty?” guesses O’Hellian, as though unsure of what he is supposed to be seeing. 

     “Right,” laughs Dragon.  “My dang Roman Goddess of Liberty!  And Americans just love her.   Why the whole free world loves her.  She’s my symbol of Roman Democracy, my Queen of heaven.  One of the facets of my Roman Goddess Artemis.  She was first displayed on a coin with my roman guy Bassianus Antonius, better known as Caracalla.  And the founders of the United States put her on their coins too!  Why, she’s still on them!  They have her perched on top of their Capitol Building.  New York has her on its’ Flag.  Just try and tell me Americans don’t love my world. 

     In the days of their founding fathers the essays of Trenchard and Gordon “Cato’s Letters”, were published in London and made their way to the colonies.  These essays condemned tyranny and corruption in government while advancing the principles of liberty.

     I whispered for them to whole heartily entrench their thoughts in the classic Roman history of Cato the younger, (who was the great grandson of the roman statesman Cato the elder).  He was an enemy of Julius Caesar and the champion of liberty and republican principles.  His son in law, Brutus helped assassinate Julius Caesar.  Ha! Another example of people uniting for good and ending up with corruption. 

     With a few whispers I had the founding fathers model their whole beginnings from the works of Trenchard and Gordon’s book “Cato’s Letters”.

     True liberty, ha!  Cato the younger followed Pompheii’s democracy.  Nothing wrong with allowing the wealthy nobles to own slaves and leave no jobs for the Roman citizens.  They were starving, and Julius Caesar seized the opportunity to take over Pompeii’s Rome under the guise of Liberating them! One of my best -led revolutions.  One that led to tyranny of dictatorship.  Julius rebelled against Pompeii’s Rome with a promise to stop the noble’s monopoly on work by ending their slavery!  Liberty for all!  Something that would repeat itself many times in this new United States.  The same bone of contention replanted in the new colonies.  Rome had once again been revived!  Pompeii’s democracy.”



Comments